Why Dates Are Good for Health?
Dates are not only found abundantly in the Emirates but they are traditionally rooted in our culture. UAE dates are famous and exported all over the world. Dates are wonder fruit and they are store house of nutrition. Dates still remain as a much valued symbol of our hospitality. They are also the first food consumed when breaking the fast during Ramadan. Among the many varieties produced are dabas, fard, khenaizi, lulu and jabri.
Reasons to Eat Date Fruits
- Dates are low in cholesterol and they have very less amount of fat in them. Including a little amount of dates in our diet daily can keep us full for a longer period of time.
- Dates aid in muscle development as they are rich in protein. Regular workout along with consumption of dates can show very good results.
- Dates are also good for our nervous system as they contain higher amounts of potassium in comparison to sodium. The threat of stroke is also lowered as potassium also keeps cholesterol in check.
- You can keep your vitamin supplements at bay as dates have all the essential vitamins like thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and K. Dates are a good and healthy option for binge eating rather than the junk food we consume. They keep us energetic throughout the day as they have all the natural sugars like glucose and fructose which is quickly absorbed by the blood.
- These delicious fruit are even great for our bone health as it has copper, manganese, selenium and magnesium. If you take dates very religiously then they can prove to be of benefit in the long run to prevent old age conditions like osteoporosis.
- They are a powerhouse of iron as well and are very good for women and people who are anaemic. They help purify our blood as well.
- Fluoride in dates is good for our teeth. Vitamin A and C does wonders in maintaining skin’s elasticity.
Constipation, skin allergies, anaemia, abdominal problems, heart problems are only a few diseases that can be pushed to the backseat if we care to have them regularly. Dates are indeed nature’s bounty and a gift to mankind. However, do remember to wash them before consuming or buy the ones which are already cleaned and then packaged.